As you can imagine, everything is different right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The resources outlined below reflect the both virtual and in-person services, assisting students interested in attending Santa Rosa Junior College upon graduation as well as students intending to take college classes as dual enrollment while in high school.
The Student Outreach Team serves nearly 65 high schools in our District (and beyond only by request) and works closely with high school counselors to schedule informational presentations, CCCApply Workshops, College Nights, or other outreach activities. We can provide most services virtually, and the team will continue to work with you throughout the pandemic. Our goal is to provide student success workshops as needed and requested. Each high school has an assigned Student Outreach Liaison. If your school is not listed, please contact Michelle Poggi, Director, Student Outreach.
High School Counselors and Partners Conference
All high school counselors are invited to attend the annual conference. The Fall 2022 conference will be announced in August 2022; please watch your email for updates.
Outreach Plan for 2021-22
For Summer and Fall 2022 admissions, registration will take place before the end of the school year, with the intent that we can help students accomplish their registration for classes before they start summer break. Summer 2022 and fall 2022 registration have two separate priority registration schedules provided below.
These registration schedules provide many benefits:
1. Allows students to plan ahead.
2. Allows high school seniors to register for fall term before the summer break, and allows outreach staff to assist them with registration before they graduate.
3. Provides ample time (June-July-Aug) for the Student Outreach team and SRJC First-Year Peer Coaches to reach out to students who did not register during their priority registration date.
4. Provides early fall semester enrollment projections to SRJC department chairs and faculty before entering summer break.
An earlier registration schedule creates a sense of urgency for students to take advantage of SRJC Student Outreach team visits to the high schools, but also requires earlier outreach. The Student Outreach team is committed to providing services to assist students with applications for admission, getting started with financial aid applications, enrollment/registration in Counseling 270 courses for Spring 2022, and enrollment/registration in summer 2022 and fall 2022 courses. Students will be staged for success at SRJC before the end of the school year and graduation!
Vaccination Verification Process
Students will be able to register for classes based on the normal priority registration process, without any initial restrictions on in-person classes. The day after registering, students who enroll in one or more in-person classes will receive email and text notifications from SRJC’s CLEARED4 system. These notifications will invite them to upload proof of vaccination and inform them that they must comply within two weeks or be dropped from in-person classes.
Two weeks after the start of registration, and every day following, Admissions & Records will clear rosters of students who did not meet the vaccination proof requirement.
Students who register less than two weeks before starting an in-person class will have fewer days to provide proof of vaccination and may be dropped from in-person classes with less than two weeks’ notice. Students with approved medical or religious exemptions will be required to conduct weekly COVID-19 testing at SRJC. All students who fail to comply with the terms of the vaccine requirement will be dropped from the roster prior to the first class meeting.
Please keep in mind that there is no requirement to provide proof of vaccination in order to enroll in online classes. Students may also enroll in late-start in-person classes, if they need more time to be vaccinated and will be fully vaccinated by the start date, but still need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated within two weeks of registering for the late-starting class.
Contacts (Subject to change):
Seniors Presentations/Workshops/College Nights/Fairs: Contact your Student Outreach Liaison (not the Counseling Liaison)
Financial Aid/Cash for College Nights: Margaret Mann | firstname.lastname@example.org | 707-524-1545
Campus Tours: currently unavailable
Campus Visits/CTE Departments: currently unavailable
Dream Center/Presentations or workshops for undocumented students: Eva Barragan | email@example.com | 707-524-1540
EOPS presentations: Rafael Vázquez | firstname.lastname@example.org | 707-527-4585
ELL Presentations (classroom presentations or ELAC meetings):
Elias Carreno | email@example.com | 707-778-4194
Colleen Olmstead | firstname.lastname@example.org | 707-527-4611
Application Workshops (Online Application for Admission for High School Seniors - Helpful Hints
Students should have the following available to have a more successful experience:
- Photo Identification (required, if any additional forms or assistance is needed to process their application; typically only needed during in-person workshops)
- If a student has already submitted an online application, be sure they know their CCCApply username and password as well as their SRJC Student ID (SID) number and PIN.
- Access to their most recent high school transcript to assist them in answering the questions regarding completion of English and Math.
- Vaccine card or legible photo of vaccine card on their smartphone to upload into Cleared4
- Log in information (user name and password) to an email account they will use for college and can access during the workshop
- Cell phone to use for calling the CCCApply Helpline, if needed
Have students follow the Steps for New Students to ensure their success:
- Step 1: Apply
- Step 2: Check their placement
- Step 3: Orientation
- Step 4: Education Plan and Counseling
- Step 5: Enroll/register for classes
HELPFUL LINKS AND INFORMATION FOR GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
ONLINE STUDENT SUPPORT
- Online High School Student Support
- Online Student Services
- Virtual Resource Fair
- Remote and In-person Services
ADMISSION & ENROLLMENT
- Admissions & Records
- Admissions & Records Forms
- Application for Admission
- Steps for New Students
- Schedule of Classes
- About Associates Degrees
- About SRJC
- Academic Calendar
- Certificate Programs
- Disability Resources Department
- EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs & Services)
- Financial Aid
- Transition to College (for students with disabilities)
- SRJC Faculty and Staff Search
- Transfer Center