The Student Outreach Team serves approximately 65 high schools in our District and can extend services to other schools upon request. We collaborate closely with high school counselors to schedule informative presentations, CCCApply Workshops, College Nights, Career Education presentations and other outreach activities. Our objective is to deliver student success workshops based on need and request. Each high school is assigned a Student Outreach Liaison. If your school is not listed, please contact Beatriz Camargo, Director, Student Outreach.
High School Counselors and Partners Conference
High school counselors and partners are invited to attend our annual conference conference. The Fall 2023 conference details will be announced in August 2023, so please keep an eye on your email for updates.
Outreach Plan for 2023-24
Please review the Counselors Checklist for an overview of SRJC outreach's typical in-person plan. Look over the Summer 2024 Priority Registration Schedule and the Fall 2024 Priority Registration Schedule. To schedule or plan a Seniors Presentations, Workshops, College Nights, Career Education presentations, fairs, or other outreach activities, reach out to your Student Outreach Liaison.
These registration schedules offer numerous benefits:
1. Enables students to plan ahead.
2. Allows high school seniors to register for the fall term before summer break and receive registration assistance from our outreach staff before graduation.
3. Provides ample time (June-July-August) for the Student Outreach team and SRJC First-Year Peer Coaches to reach out to students who missed their priority registration dates.
4. Offers early fall semester enrollment projections to SRJC department chairs and faculty before summer break.
An earlier registration schedule creates a sense of urgency for students to take advantage of SRJC Student Outreach team visits to high schools, but it also requires earlier outreach efforts. The Student Outreach team is dedicated to providing services that assist students with admission applications, initiating financial aid applications, and enrolling in Counseling 270 courses for Spring 2024, Summer 2024, and Fall 2024. Our aim is to ensure students are prepared for success at SRJC before the end of the school year and graduation!
Contacts (subject to change):
Financial Aid/Cash for College Nights: Margaret Mann | email@example.com | 707-524-1545
Career Education: Oscar Guajardo | firstname.lastname@example.org | 707-527-4858
Undocu·Immigrant·Dream Center/Presentations or workshops for undocumented students: Eva Barragan | email@example.com | 707-524-1540
EOPS presentations: Dayla Amador Arango | firstname.lastname@example.org
ELL Presentations (classroom presentations or ELAC meetings):
Oscar Guajardo | email@example.com | 707-527-4858
Elias Carreno | firstname.lastname@example.org | 707-778-4194
Colleen Olmstead | email@example.com | 707-527-4611
Application Workshops (Online Application for Admission for High School Seniors - Helpful Hints
To enhance their workshop experience, students should have the following available:
- Photo Identification (required for any additional forms or assistance needed during in-person workshops)
- If students have already submitted an online application, they should know their CCCApply username, password, SRJC Student ID (SID) number, and PIN (password).
- Access to their most recent high school transcript to answer questions regarding English and Math completion.
- Login information (username and password) for an email account they will use for college and can access during the workshop.
- Cell phone for contacting the CCCApply Helpline if necessary.
Have students follow the Steps for New Students to ensure their success:
- Step 1: Apply
- Step 2: Check placement
- Step 3: Orientation
- Step 4: Education Plan and Counseling
- Step 5: Enroll/register for classes
HELPFUL LINKS AND INFORMATION FOR GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
ONLINE STUDENT SUPPORT
- Online High School Student Support
- Online Student Services
- Virtual Resource Fair
- Remote and In-person Services
ADMISSION & ENROLLMENT
- Admissions & Records
- Admissions & Records Forms
- Application for Admission
- Steps for New Students
- Schedule of Classes
- About Associates Degrees
- About SRJC
- Academic Calendar
- Certificate Programs
- Disability Resources Department
- EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs & Services)
- Financial Aid
- Transition to College (for students with disabilities)
- SRJC Faculty and Staff Search
- Transfer Center